One of the things I love to make is weird jewelry. This is definitely something people might view as weird. But they are easy and cheap to make and can be great for kids, as well. They are crayon pendant necklaces. They look like little marbled pendants of whatever colors you want.
What you’ll need:
Box of crayons
Chain of your choice
Knife or grater
- Pick the colors you want to use, I suggest using up to three.
- Shave pieces of the crayons with either the knife or the grater. Depending on the size of your pendant, you can have a small amount or a large amount of shaving. You don’t want too many though because they will over flow.
- I suggest heating the pendant before placing the shavings on it to keep them in place. The blowing of the hair dryer will blow them around.
- Place the shavings how you would like and heat them with the hair dryer on low.
- The melted wax will move around and create a marbled look.
- When the wax is cooled and the pendant is cool, use a clear top coat, whether it be nail polish, mod podge, or whatever you choose, I simply use nail polish.
- Lastly hang it on a chain and you’re all set.
If you have kids who would like to do this activity, I suggest an adult do the shaving part.
Thanks for reading guys!