The Best Mac and Cheese Ever!
Mac and Cheese is my absolute favorite food in the world, so a recipe for an amazing mac and cheese is the best way to start Food Day. This is an old recipe that I spruced up a bit to make it even better. Now I introduce you to the Four Cheese Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe.
1 pound Penne Pasta
Salt and pepper
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups whole milk
½ cup half-and-half
8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar
8 ounces mozzarella
4 ounces grated Romano
4 ounces grated Parmesan
For the crust:
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted
Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and start boiling water in a pasta pot
- Melt the butter in a sauce pot and add the flour. Stir until it has a creamy texture.
- Add the milk and half-and half and stir together
- When it comes to a simmer start adding the cheeses together.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the mix and stir together.
- When the cheese sauce it done, turn the heat on low so the cheese stays melted but doesn’t overcook, until the pasta is done cooking.
- Make sure the pasta is completely done before draining and adding to the cheese sauce.
- Mix together and add to a glass pan.
- In a little bowl mix together the bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and melted butter.
- Generously spread the bread crumbs over the top of the mac and cheese
- Put in the oven for 15 minutes
This recipe can be added to however you like, add some chicken or veggies, whatever you like. This also keeps really well and reheats amazingly. Just put in the microwave and it returns to it’s melty goodness.
Thanks for reading guys!